Where's the Steiner?


This blog was created as a place for me to write out my thoughts on Barfield, Steiner, the evolution of consciousness, and such. I haven't written anything remotely related to those topics, not in a long time. Truth is, I've not been up to that sort of mental exercise.

I've read only very rarely in the last four months - maybe even before that. I recently picked up my copy of "Sources of the Self" by Charles Taylor (I came to San Diego with just a handful of books, and this is one of them?????). Got lost halfway through the first paragraph. I did finish "Twilight", and have started on the sequel. And I'm several chapters into "Perdido Street Station" by China Mieville (Richard recommended this),which I'm enjoying.

Anyway, the point is that I've not been thinking much about consciousness lately. There was a time in my life when I was very careful with my body and mind, and they were free of lots of distractions. That's when I was journaling, meditating, imagining. But to use my body and mind like that requires stability and nurture - neither of which I currently tend to. Unfortunately, that organic/psychic instrument is the gateway to the world correlating to meditation and imagining - the place where Barfield's final participation is played out.

Comments

Popular Posts