Tehran American School

Tehran, 1977



I just finished reading this Wikipedia article about Community School of Tehran. Then I followed most of the links at the bottom of the article. I was interested in the article because I lived in Tehran in 1977-1979, when I was in high school. I remember Community School, and I remember going there once for a wrestling match, I think it was.

Reading about the school, and looking at one or their yearbooks brought back lots of memories of my own, of that time, of that place. Though I went to Tehran American School (TAS) - Community School was a deliberately international school, and limited the number of American students - I have fond memories of being part of an international community. In fact, in almost all of my online interactions with fellow TAS alumni, I've found a common positive assessment of our time in Tehran, and an attitude of tolerance regarding the Iranian nation today, and non-Americans in general. We are glad we lived outside the United States for a time, and treasure the opportunities that afforded us to experience another people very different from ourselves.

If you're interested in seeing my Flickr gallery of photos from that time in Tehran, just send me an e-mail and I'll send you a link.

Comments

Osiris said…
I'd love a link to your flickr page!

My e-mail is: osirisascending@gmail.com

Are you aware that we have a Tehran American School group on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5782008852

Check it out... I bet you'll reconnect with someone you haven't thought of in decades.
Anonymous said…
I would love the link as well, birdbitsweb#aol.com
Unknown said…
Would also love a link and I believe my brother Mark Paul B would have attended prior to you?

Randyjays@yahoo.com

Thank you

Popular Posts