New Directions


I did my second photo gig yesterday morning. It was out in Bonsal, at the local movie theater complex. A large corporation was honoring their top sales people, complete with limo ride to the theater. They had the theater decked out to look like a movie premier. I was one of the paparazzi taking photos as they got out of the limo. That part is cheesy, but I play it pretty low key.

The most satisfying aspect of it, though, is I get to interact with people in a way I wouldn't usually interact. They let me get very close to take their photos. And they say silly things because they're nervous. But because I can get so close with my camera, I get some really amazing photos. I don't know whether I can post any of those publicly, but if I can, I will.

The photo with this post (all the photos with my posts are my own, unless I've specified otherwise) is a screenshot of the Upload/Download speed test at speakeasy.org. I've been using the free internet here at my apartment, which is called SoCalFreeNet. It's free, but it's slow - 1.5 and 600, or something like that - and, it times out every four hours, clock time, to discourage people from hogging the bandwidth. That timeout happens at very inopportune moments.

Anyway, I signed up for real internet with Cox. They delivered a modem to my door the next day, and I was online within about half an hour. With those dwnld/upld speeds. It will make posting photos so much faster. When things run slow, I tend to stop doing them.

San Diego still continues to amaze me. I have to at least mention the highways... I went through the craziest zigzag crossing over about three or four freeways in a quarter mile stretch of land. Another equally astounding thing about that little jaunt: I was on University Ave. and about 5th, and asked for directions to a mall nearby from the woman at the flower shop (yesterday was Deborah's 45th birthday). She directed me to Fashion Valley Mall. The directions were really complicated, but I got them right. But I felt like a slalom skier going 70.

I've got to head out for a walk. Ciao for now.

Comments

Popular Posts