Barfieldians and Others

I'm working on publishing a second edition of my book Philosophy and the Evolution of Consciousness. The current edition is wanting editorial attention in some large and small ways. And conceptually, I will try to tie some things together that aren't quite in the book currently.

If you've read the book, I encourage you to give me any feedback that you think would make a second edition better than the first.

The Owen Barfield Society met yesterday in Scottsdale, Arizona, during the annual conference of the Rocky Mountain chapter of the Modern Language Association. We heard from artist and eurhythmist Karen Bailey, author Albert Linderman, PhD student Tiffany Martin, as well as from a reading from Rudolf Steiner's Calendar of the Soul.

I also caught a Linguistics session of the conference, and heard about commodification of language and place signifiers in New Orleans, the frequency of place names with Anglo, Celtic, and other sources in Gallic France, and an analysis and defense of Noah Webster's etymologies. Good times.

I also spoke with a fellow Barfieldian at length, during which he mentioned the need for spiritual and intellectual engagemen with others, on a regular basis. I agreed; I'll check out Meetups for Steiner groups. And a google search.

Comments

Popular Posts