The Consolation of Philosophy


Not so much. Perhaps if I could read some - or read more than a paragraph before I get distracted. Other matters are preoccupying me. I have been re-reading some of Rudolf Steiner's lectures, and my meditation book, though not every day. I did finish Twilight, and started on the next book in that series.

Hardly philosophy, but the point being that not even fiction holds my attention for long - I have no attention, except maybe when I'm working on photos, or playing guitar. I reunited with my electric guitar, by the way, since I've been here in Missoula for my daughter's graduation (more below). I brought Tascha with me - a portable guitar/bass recorder, so I plug my guitar into that, and dial up an awesome marshall stack crunchy blues sound, and I go. I love playing guitar.

My daughter Meg finished a BA in English - Creative Writing. She tells me it was an easy major. I tell her that it was easy because she has a brilliant mind for language, which she does, and which objective testing bears out. She got a great education at UM, I think. She made good friends. She met her boyfriend. She wrote, read, played. Cried. Laughed a lot. Stressed. I hope she's getting some much desired rest right now. I love my daughter, and am very proud of her.

That's my consolation.

Comments

Popular Posts