Rain in Southern California


It's raining. Such a nice sound. I haven't seen much rain here in San Diego, but then I've only been here a month. It's been colder and wetter than I expected. That's nice. In fact, most of the time I've spent in my apartment - which is in the Golden Hill neighborhood just east of downtown - I've worn fleece slippers and a sweater. I sleep with a down comforter.

The apartment is pretty sweet. I knew right away that I wanted it. It's probably a thousand square feet at least, with two bedrooms, one bathroom, kitchen, and a very large front room that has a gothic arch in the middle of it, effectively making it a living room and dining room. It's on the second floor, and there's two doorways - one in the front on a landing shared with the one other apartment on the second floor, and another doorway down a private back stairway that opens onto a stoop in the side garden. Both the garden and the front door have locked gates - that is definitely the norm in this neighborhood.

Take a look:


View Larger Map

It's the two story Spanish style stucco building on the corner in the shade. I'm on the second floor, on the right.

Stop by if you're in the neighborhood.

Comments

Popular Posts