Why do I write these posts?

Athens, 1980
I write these posts to work out an idea, or share something cool, or to learn what you may think about something. And to teach.

Work out an idea: thinking is now. It's the place where all the energy and intelligence streams into - gushes into - human consciousness. It can't be remembered, in the ordinary sense. It is only when it is. Thinking is in the moment, as I'm writing or meditating. Then I step back and see how everything gelled, but that glob, no matter how beautiful and intricate and true, is not the real thing.

Share something cool: Just about everything I learn from my meditations, and from the voices in the books I read (not in my head), that I think is cool, I share: JRR Tolkien, Jesus Christ, Owen Barfield, Rudolph Steiner, Paramahansa Yogananda, Morris Berman, Jean-Paul Sartre, Patanjali, Alain Danielou, hyperobjects, neural and sensory plasticity, motorized traffic roadway design and vehicle driver training and performance, human/earth prehistory, and phenomenology.

To learn what you may think: I would like to know what your practice of phenomenology is. How do you do it? Where? When? Why?

To teach: I mention others' writing and work, and much that I share comes from them, in some direct or indirect way. But always, the source of the most necessary ideas come from inside myself. In fact, only my own experience can I most confidently vouch for.

That's what's kept me writing. The first posts on this blog are from 2006. Through the thirteen years, and even before, I've found a source of energy in my own experience that's enough to keep this a living document.

The living part isn't unique to my blog. But the source of energy is, not unique but rare, which is the practice of phenomenology.

That's what I'd like to teach to anyone who hasn't already learned what I've learned.

Comments

Popular Posts