Book reviews at Amazon


I posted a review on Amazon yesterday - it's the first one listed there. It's not a new review - I wrote it something like five years ago, for the Rocky Mountain Modern Language Association E-journal. I came across it yesterday, so posted it to Amazon.

The first review I posted on Amazon - for Owen Barfield's Saving the Appearances - was in 1998. Eleven years ago. I didn't realize Amazon was even around back then!

While I was rooting around Amazon, it's most awesomely helpful recommendation generation engine presented me with David Abrams book, The Spell of the Sensuous: Perception and Language in a More-Than-Human World. That link will take you directly to the Amazon reader for the book, where you can view the table of contents, as well as the first few pages of the introduction. Both really grabbed my attention, and I've put the book into my shopping cart - just waiting for money in the bank.

It's interesting that this title should be recommended to me (or maybe not? Oh, Wondrous Amazon Engine), as the title is almost exactly what I'm doing with my current study of Barfield and Tolkien.

Comments

Popular Posts